Bake Time: 50 minutes + 1 hour (in a turned off oven)
Cool Time: 5-6 hours in the fridge
Share this recipe
15 oz (425 grams) cream cookies (like Oreo cookies)
4 packages of cream cheese (8 oz / 226 grams each)
8.8 oz (250 grams) white chocolate (good quality)
1 cup pumpkin puree (plain / not spiced)
3/4 cup (150 grams) white granulated sugar
1/2 cup (118 ml) whipping heavy cream
4 large eggs
Spices: 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, pinch of ground cloves, and pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Caramel Sauce (good quality)
Step 1: Making the Crust
* Preheat your oven to 350 F / 180 C.
* Using a food processor, crush the cookies until you get a fine texture. You many need to pulse to grind all the cookies pieces.
* Butter your cheesecake pan (I am using a 9" diameter cheesecake pan)
* Place the crushed cookies in the pan, and using a cup, flatten up the cookies crust until it becomes even and smooth.
* Bake for 10 minutes.
* Remove from the oven and let it cool completely on your counter.
Step 2: Making the Cream Cheese Filling
* Important Note: do not over-mix the filling otherwise, you will add air to the mixture and the cheesecake will have cracks when baked. So just mix enough to get all the ingredients well incorporated. * Using a stand mixer (with the flat paddle), mix the cream cheese until creamy. Make sure that the cream cheese is at room temperature.
* Add the sugar, melted white chocolate, and heavy cream while continuing mixing at medium-low speed.
* Add the spices, vanilla extrac, and pumpkin puree. Continue mixing.
* Add the eggs, one egg at a time. Continue mixing until all ingredients are incorporated.
Step 3: Baking the Cheesecake * Wrap the bottom of the cheesecake pan with heavy-duty foil paper. Wrap it enough so that no water gets in as we are going to bake the cheesecake in a water bath.
* Pour the cheesecake filling ove the crust. Even the surface with a spatula. Tap the cheesecake pan on the counter to even out the filling and remove any air bubbles.
* Place the cheesecake pan in a larger baking pan. Place the pans in the oven, then pour boiling water in the larger pan until it reaches half the height of the cheesecake pan. At this point, the cheesecake pan is surrounded by boiling water.
* Bake the cheesecake at 350F (in a preheated oven of course) for 50 minutes.
* After 50 minutes - turn off the oven, and let the cheesecake sit in the oven (in a turned off oven) for 1 hour.
Step 4: Final Steps * After leaving the cheesecake for 1 hour in a turned off oven, remove it from the water bath, and let it sit on the counter until competely cooled down.
* Cover the cheesecake with foil (very lightly, dont make it touch the surface) and put the cheesecake in the fridge for 5-6 hours or overnight.
* the next day, remove the ring around the cheesecake (from the cheesecake pan) and drizzle caramel sauce on top. Delicious!